Health experts and the medical community at large have advised that household mold can cause serious health conditions. If you believe you have mold in your home, act fast with mold remediation services. You may need to hire mold removal companies to do it right.
Mold remediation, removal, or abatement is a critical process in which a space or items within a space are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized to kill any existing mold spores to stop the spread of mold and prevent it from returning. Mold abatement solutions may include the removal of water-logged materials from the space, like drywall or flooring, and rebuilding using clean, dry, mold-resistant materials and best practices.
During the cleanup, mold removal is a crucial step to ensure your home is safe and healthy after a water leak or flooding event.
Why Are Mildew and Mold Remediation Companies Important?
There are a number of reasons why mold poses a problem in a home or business, chief among them:
– Mold and mold spores can cause or inflame existing health problems for those residing in the home.
– When mold is visible, it is often an indication of a much bigger problem, possibly with the plumbing or structure of the home.
– Mold removal helps to maintain the health of your family, preserves the structural integrity of the property, and eliminates that musty, damp smell often associated with mold.
Make Sure your property is protected against some of the most common causes of mold in the home and the workplace:
– Slow leaks in the plumbing pipes or appliances, including the dishwasher, toilet, washing machine, and garbage disposal, and often go unnoticed.
– You may have rooms, a basement, or often unused or dark areas, like crawl spaces or an attic, where humidity levels are too high and damp air becomes trapped, leading to mold growth and the need for mold remediation.
– Your space has suffered through a flood where water removal is not initiated within 48-72 hours.
– There are cracks in exterior walls and the foundation that allows water to penetrate through to the interior.
– Roof and siding leaks that allow water in can cause mold.
There are approximately 50 to 100 common varieties of indoor mold which have the potential to cause serious health problems. For that reason, it is imperative to have mold remediation conducted immediately upon the discovery of mold. The health reaction experienced depends on the variety of mold present and the medical history of those exposed, but the EPA and CDC both agree that all molds have the potential to cause major health issues, including:
- Breathing difficulties
- Persistent cough or cold symptoms
- Burning or irritation of the eyes, nose, throat, or lungs
- Asthma attacks
- Hypersensitivity pneumonitis
- Skin irritation
- Allergic reactions
- Opportunistic infections in immune-compromised individuals
We’ve helped many Illinois residents with their mold removal needs. Our licensed and insured mold remediation professionals are experienced with a variety of environmentally friendly techniques that ensure you and your family remain safe from the deleterious effects of mold. Our fast and effective mold removal services include:
- Eco-friendly mold inspection & thorough testing procedures
- Professional drying & dehumidification process for wet & moist areas through the most state-of-the-art equipment
- The advanced deodorization of affected areas to improve air quality and eliminate odors
- Mold containment and sanitization techniques that may require sealing off rooms to prevent the spread of mold spores
- A certified mold remediation and clean-up process will remove any contaminated materials from your home or business